Product Details



INDICATIONS: Used as a styptic in its undiluted form.

INGREDIENTS: Ferrous Sulfate, Sulfuric Acid, Nitric Acid, and Purified Water

DESCRIPTION: A reddish-brown odorless liquid, widely known as Ferric Subsulfate Solution. Classified as an astringent, used as a styptic.

PHARMACOLOGY: Less irritating than Ferric Sulfate Solution, owing to the smaller proportion of Sulfuric Acid. It is soluble with water or alcohol, and is affected by light.

CONTRAINDICATIONS/WARNINGS: It should not be used in vesicular, bullous, or exudative (oozing) dermatoses because it may then cause permanent pigmentation on the skin. May be harmful if swallowed. For external use only. If swallowed, do not induce vomiting unless directed to do so my medical personnel.   Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person.   Loosen tight clothing such as a collar, tie, belt or waistband.   Get medical attention immediately. Keep out of reach of children.

DIRECTIONS: Apply to affected area.

HOW SUPPLIED: Light-resistant pint bottle

                            2 oz. amber glass bottle


Product Categories

A Manufacturing Company